In Honor of the Full Pink Moon, we present you with Pink Moon Milk! A relaxing ritual to bring sleep and wonderful dreams during the full moon.
Do you sleep well during the Full Moon?
Sleep is an essential part of life, however, it can also be a difficult and frustrating process. Many people have reported experiencing trouble sleeping during a full moon.
While there is no scientific consensus on why this happens, there are several theories. Here are some suggestions for how to get better sleep during this time.
Theories on Why It's Hard to Sleep During a Full Moon
- Increased Brightness
- Increased Energy Vibrations
- Disruption of Melatonin Production
- Increased Anxiety and Stress
Tips for Getting Better Sleep During a Full Moon
- Darken Your Room
- Avoid Exposure to Blue Light
- Practice Relaxation Techniques
- Avoid Caffeine and Alcohol in the Evening, as they both increase stress hormones and cortisol levels
- Try Herbal Remedies like Pink Moon Milk and our Sweet Dreams Tea
- Create a Bedtime Routine
- Stick to a Sleep Schedule
While the connection between a full moon and sleep remains a mystery, there are several things you can do to improve your sleep during this time. By following these tips, you can hopefully get a good night’s rest, even during a full moon.
Pink Moon Milk
This recipe is designed to help lower your cortisol levels and relax you gently into sleep.
- 6 ounces almond or plant milk
- 4 ounces unsweetened tart cherry juice
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Kava Kava powder (Alternate options: ashwagandha, chamomile, passion flower, hibiscus)
- Dried edible rose petals
- In a small pot, over low heat, warm the almond milk and tart cherry juice to just before scalding (boiling) temperature. This will take about 5 to 10 minutes depending upon your stove.
- Turn off heat and remove from the burner if using an electric stove. Stir in honey and kava kava powder with the intention of a great night’s sleep. To make this frothy, use a whisk, a hand blender, or pour the contents into the blender and blend on high for a few seconds until you get the desired texture.
- Pour into your favorite night time ritual mug.
- Top with a sprinkling of crushed rose petals and drink warm, or allow it to cool before drinking.
✨Not a fan of warm, milky beverages? Try making mulled tart cherry juice, simmered gently with Sweet Dreams Tea, honey, cinnamon and orange slices instead.
How these Ingredients help Sleep
Alternative Milk: Cow’s Milk is harder for our bodies to digest, especially right before bed.
Tart Cherry Juice: Contains natural melatonin.
Kava Kava Powder: Promotes natural relaxation and helps one to cope with stress.
Other Options for Sweet Dreams
We offer a whole range of Sweet Dreams options that would make great additions to a relaxing sleep routine including:
- Sweet Dreams Tea
- Knockout Tea
- Sweet Dreams Aromatherapy Spray for your pillow and linens
- Lavender Essential Oil for diffusing
- Sweet Dreams Oil in our rollerball applicator for your wrists and behind your ears
- Sweet Dreams Bath Salts for pure relaxation
- Sweet Dreams Gift Set
Try our Guided Meditations for Sleep on YouTube!
We have several videos about solving sleep issues on our YouTube Channel. We discuss bedtime routines, herbs and oils for a great night’s sleep, witchy sleep tips, tips for dreamwork, and guided meditations too. All of these videos are free to watch and use as many times as you need.
We included the guided meditations right here for you!
Easing the Mind and Body into Slumber
Let Go of Stress Sleep Meditation
We hope that you enjoy your Pink Moon Milk and can create a nice ritual to add to your bedtime routine with it!