Summer has arrived and the world is full of gorgeous flowers in all shapes, sizes, colors, and scents. Let’s preserve these awesome energies and create Magical Potpourri!
When you see all this natural beauty around you, don’t you desire to hold onto this sense of peace and bring it into your own home?
Why not harvest some of your favorites
and take them home to make your own potpourri?
This can be done at any time of year. You can bring in the scents of the pine woods, with some citrus and warming herbs, at the winter solstice. Just add a bit of intention to cast your spell!
Store bought potpourri scents can be harsh and overwhelming; everything is always better when we can make it ourselves. After all, doing so enables us to turn the simplest project into pure magic!
Adding simple crafts to our lives is a great way to bring the spiritual into our daily routines, to surround ourselves with magic, and to create balance in our lives.
We hope to spark your creativity and open your mind to the many ways you can incorporate spirituality into the mundane.
This is just one example of the crafts and spells we share with you in our DIY articles. You can find the others in the menu on the right side. If you are on mobile, they are below this article.
Need some ideas for what items to add to your blend?
A little message about Intention and what not to ask for.
- Your Intention for your Potpourri Blend
- Bowl for mixing
- Spoon for stirring in intention
- Baskets, jars, or bowls for display or sachet bags for drawers and closets
- Dried flowers or Herbs – Collect your own or find them in our shop. Here are some ideas:
- Natural materials – These items can add intention or decor to your blend. See any you like?
- Various Seed Pods
- Pine Cones
- Fixative – Choose one of the below to fix the essential oils into your potpourri. They will increase the time that your blend will radiate its wonderful smell!
- Orris Root
- Vanilla Beans
- Angelica Root
- Myrrh Gum
- Essential Oil of your choice – Match to your intention too!
- Plan out your intention and work towards gathering the items that fit that intention or the ones that call to your heart.
- If you have chosen to harvest herbs and flowers, dry them by hanging them upside down from their stems in a dry space for about a week or until dry.
- When all of your materials are dry, trim any leaves and stems you wish to remove. You may choose to remove petals or keep flowers whole.
- Gather all of your ingredients with intention.
- When you are ready to start your spell work, cleanse yourself, your gathered ingredients and your space.
- Create your sacred space in which to do your working.This can be done in any way that feels right to you.
- Pull your intention to the forefront of your mind.
- It is time to add all of your gathered flowers, herbs, and natural materials into the bowl. As you add each one, visualize your intention as already achieved or fill them with the intention. Perhaps that is radiating joy back out into your home, so fill them all with love and joy!
- Add your fixative of choice.
- Add 8 to 10 drops of your chosen essential oil.
- Using your spoon, gently stir the blend with your intention in mind.
- Put your potpourri into your chosen display container or sachet.
- Place your Magical Potpourri in a place where it will remind you of your intention.
✨ You can always refresh your potpourri by adding a few drops of essential oil, stir them in with mindfulness to reignite your chosen intention!