In this busy modern world, enjoying true silence can feel more like a myth than reality. So, we thought we would offer up a little something to help you slip into that rare and precious silence. It’s time to craft some magical eye pillows.
Rest and Rejuvenation
The eye pillow’s combination of the weight and scent, along with amazing intentional energy, transport you far away from the hustle and bustle of daily life.
- You can lay a soft pillow over your eyes to drift away for sleep.
- Add to your meditation routine to help keep distractions away.
- Use during your energy healing sessions.
- Take along during travel for catnaps.
Herbs and Aromatherapy for Meditation
When it comes to Essential Oils and Herbs, there are a variety of scents that will help boost the eye pillow experience for you.
- Relax, calm, and sleep energy with chamomile and lavender.
- Soothe stress and anxiety with lemon balm.
- Increase your mental focus with soothing mints. Use caution with peppermint essential oil.
- You can even enjoy soothing aromatherapy blends like our Relaxation Blend to get the absolute most out of the moment!
Crystals for Meditation
Consider adding some small crystal chips with intention to your eye pillow. We do offer a Crystal Class for beginners, if you want to learn more about how to use crystals in magic.
- Rose Quartz for Love
- Amethyst for Sweet Dreams
- Blue Kyanite for Soothing Energy
- Carnelian for Revitalization and Creativity
- Tangerine Quartz for Joy
- Clear Quartz for any intention that you want to make
Self Care is Vital
Living in a world that is so often focused on speed takes an exhausting toll. Taking the time to simply BE, lay still and enjoy true silence is a gift that our souls desperately deserve.
Remember, Self Care is Not Selfish! It is vital for you to continue to live a balanced life and to help others to do the same.
Hot and Cold Therapy
You can put the pillow in the freezer for a cooling experience. This can help with headaches. If you are overheated, you can even put it on the back of your neck for a while to cool down.
The other option is to warm it up in the microwave for soothing warmth. Just be sure that it doesn’t get too hot. Heat will release more of the essential oils and also help increase the soothing lavender smell.
Magical Eye Pillows
- 2 pieces fabric 9.5-inch x 4.5-inch, cotton, silk, or satin (Natural fabrics are best for your skin)
- A sewing machine or needle and thread
- Small bowl for mixing your filling
- A funnel to fill your eye pillow
- A small spoon for blending and filling
- 2/3 cup dry rice, flax seed, or buckwheat
- 1/3 cup dried lavender flowers (you can also use chamomile, lemon balm, or mint)
- Small Crystals – see our list in the article
- 10 drops of Essential Oils (optional)
- Smudge (or whatever you use) to set a sacred space
- Smudge and set your sacred space before you begin to do your witchy crafts.
- Gather all of your ingredients. Remember to have your intention in mind already!
- Align the right sides of the fabric together (inside out), leaving a 1/4-inch seam allowance, and then sew both long sides and 1 short side.
- Trim the excess fabric from the corners, then turn the fabric right side out and press to smooth out the fabric.
- Mix together your chosen fillers.
- Feel free to add 10 drops of essential oil to boost the fragrance.
- Fill your pillow with the dried herb and filler of your choice. Using a funnel will make this a lot easier.
- Once filled, sew the opening shut.
✨ Note: Remember that personalizing rituals and magical projects helps you to increase how much power you put into your workings . So Have Fun!