First Harvest is an ideal time to create a gratitude oil blend. Your heart is full of thankfulness and you are surrounded by the bounty of nature.
Gratitude at First Harvest
August is the season of the First Harvest, a time when the earth is heavy with all manner of bounty.
The scarcities of spring are a distant memory, and the lean times of winter are still on the other side of the horizon.
It is the perfect time to pour our gratitude into a craft we can use all year long!
This month we take time to appreciate the many offers of nature, we remember where we have come from, and we give thanks for the blessings we currently possess.
Consider using the colors of Green and Gold when you are working with abundance, manifestation, prosperity, and gratitude spells.
There are many crystals that can be used to remind you of the abundance around you. Pyrite, Carnelian, and Bloodstone are a few.
Download our Free PDF of Herbs, Oils, Crystals, and Spiritual Supplies for Manifestation and Prosperity. These are the same items that we would use for gratitude spells. Remember that it is all in your intention.
Essential Oils for Gratitude
Essential Oils hold the scents of bounty in a steady state and bring those feelings of gratitude back to the front of your mind.
Use whatever oils you desire that create that feeling inside of you. Here are a few suggestions.
- Sweet Orange
Gratitude Oil Blend
- Glass, or non-porous, measuring cup
- Thin necked funnel
- Empty 1 oz glass bottle to store your oil blend
- Base oil (Ex: sweet almond, jojoba, olive oil, etc.)
- Lavender essential oil (can substitute rose)
- Bergamot essential oil (can substitute geranium)
- Sweet orange essential oil (can substitute grapefruit)
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Optional: Gold or Green candles
- Gather all of your supplies into your chosen work space.
- Set and cast your circle or smudge the space to cleanse it and prepare for your working. (optional)
- Take a moment to ensure that your mind and heart are centered on and full of gratitude.
- If you are going to use candles during your working – that you can anoint with the new oil that you are creating – now is the time to light them.
- Measure and carefully pour ⅛ cup (1 oz) of your chosen base oil into the empty bottle. Depending on the neck size of the bottle, you may want to use a small funnel.
- With your heart filled with gratitude – Add your essential oils to the bottle. Suggested recipe: 5 drops of lavender, 2 drops of bergamot, and 1 drop of sweet orange. Check out our other essential oils options above. Use approximately 6 – 10 drops per ounce.
- Carefully add in your pinch of cinnamon to round off the blend and to remind you of the prosperity that you already have in your life.
- Secure the lid onto the bottle.
- Take the time to focus on filling the bottle, your new oil blend, with all of your intention while shaking it gently.
✨ Note: Remember that personalizing rituals and magical projects helps you to increase how much power you put into your working. So have Fun and be Creative with your Spells!