Hot showers are a great way to help clear out some of the congestion, so why not turn a simple shower into a spa experience by adding Congestion Relief Shower Melts and your favorite music!
Essential Oils for Respiratory Relief
Is it just us or does all the pollen in the air seem determined to prevent the flow of oxygen into your body?
I love to diffuse essential oils to help keep those nasal passages open. I often find myself sprinkling a few drops of essential oil onto the sidebar in the shower, right before turning on the hot steaming water. Deciding to make shower melts was just the next natural step. I love them so much!
I use my Breathe Free Essential Oil Blend, but any of these oils will help you out! These are not the only oils for respiratory use, but they are my favorites.
- Eucalyptus – Head clearing. Cooling. Balancing. Stimulant. Invigorating. Healing. Purification. Consecration. Protection. Renewal. Heightens mental focus.
- Peppermint – Cooling. Clears the mind. Lifts the spirits. Wakes you up. Helps with fatigue. Purification. Consecration. Luck. Happiness. Love. Prosperity. Protection. Psychic development & growth. Release. Renewal. Transformation.
- Spearmint – Warming. Restorative. Helps clear the mind and brings focus. Assists with fatigue, nervous strain, and stress relief. Brighten disposition. Consecration. Luck. Happiness. Prosperity. Protection. Renewal. Rest. Transformation.
- Wintergreen – Warming. Stimulant. Wake up the mind. Contact other planes. Luck. Money. Aids memory. Healing. Protection. Purification.
Always use 100% Pure Essential Oils and Blends. Fragrance oils, chemical based oils and perfumes can actually make your situation worse!
Other Congestion Relief Tips
Check out our Are you Ready to Breathe Free Article
Check out our Herbs for Respiratory Health Article
We have a whole line of Breathe Free Products too!
- Breathe Free Herbal Tea
- Breathe Free Tincture
- Breathe Free Essential Oil Blend
- Baby Chest Rub Salve
Congestion Relief Shower Melts
- 1 cup of Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of Water
- Measuring Spoons
- 5-7 drops of Breathe Free EO Blend
- Silicone Mold
- 2 Mixing bowls
- Optional: Food Coloring
- Add the cornstarch into one of the mixing bowls
- In the second bowl, combine 1/2 cup water and mix in your food coloring (how much will vary depending on how dark you want the color to be).
- Add 5-7 drops of essential oil to the bowl with the water mixture and stir.
- Begin adding the water mixture 2 tablespoons at a time, mixing the water in after every 2 Tbsp to disperse the color. Continue adding until you have a thick paste.
- Transfer the paste into your silicone mold & smooth out the top
- Freeze for 1 hour to set – you may need longer depending on the depth of the mold you choose.
✨ You can use any combination of Peppermint, Spearmint, Wintergreen, or Eucalyptus Essential oils for this as well.
Need ideas for other Shower Melts?
Grab your FREE PDF for Metaphysical and Spiritual uses of Essential Oils
What’s in this PDF?
- 33 of the most popular Essential Oils and what they are commonly used for.
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Uses of Essential Oils
- Mental and Emotional Health and Mood Changes
- Notes regarding pregnancy and other cautions