It’s DIY Time! 🍊 Who’s ready for some homemade crafty fun? 🍋 Today, we are making Citrus Wax Melts!
Homemade Wax Melts
You don’t have to be a pagan, or a witchy witch, to enjoy filling your home with the relaxing – or uplifting – scents of herbs and essential oils.
But every seeker knows that each scent bestows a magical gift to those in the know. Let’s fill our homes with some joyful citrus scents!
Happy Crafting Tribe!
Invigorating Citrus Wax Melts
- 1 cup of Microwavable Soy Wax
- Essential oils (Ex: Citrus Morning EO Blend or Lemongrass Essential Oil)
- Dried herbs (Ex: Orange Peel and Lemon Balm)
- Heat proof container with a pour spout – I use a Pyrex measuring cup
- Silicone baking mold that can accept hot wax. (cool shapes available)
- Heat safe spatula
- Hold your intention in your mind as you gather your items.
- Cleanse your space using your preferred method.
- Place 1 cup of soy wax in your microwave safe measuring cup
- Heat in 20 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. This should take about 2 to 3 minutes on high.
- Remove from the microwave carefully and place on a trivet.
- Wait about 1 minute for it to cool, just a little.
- With your intention in mind, add 15-20 drops of your essential oil to the melted wax.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Add some of your herbs to the mix. Stir in.
- Carefully, pour wax into silicone molds. Be careful not to over fill.
- Decorate the top of the wax melts with herbs.
- Allow wax to dry – They will take 1 to 2 hours to harden.
- Gently pop the melts out of the mold.
- Store in tightly sealed quart jars until ready to use.
Extra Tips for wax melts
- 1 cup of soy wax mixed with essential oils and herbs will yield 8 candle melts in a 4×6 silicone mold – depending on the size of the molds.
- You can use a double boiler to melt the wax. Then pour it into your measuring cup to fill the molds.
- If your microwavable soy wax comes with instructions. Please follow them instead of our instructions here.
- The melted wax will not evaporate in your wax burner, but the fragrance will. So, you can reuse your wax melts until you no longer notice a fragrance. Then, you can use that wax to make new ones!
Ready to change it up?
You can replace the essential oils and herbs in this recipe with any others that you wish!
Make sure that you use Pure Essential Oils and that you, your family, and your pets are not irritated by them.
Essential oils are natural but it doesn’t mean that they also won’t cause a reaction. They are concentrated volatile oils that are extracted from thousands of plants and are very powerful.
A little goes a long way!
Why Soy Wax?
Paraffin wax releases toxins when heated. Avoid it as much as possible. Even in the candles that you use in your home.
Beeswax is totally safe and actually has healing properties itself. It can be a little harder to get just the right scent when using beeswax, therefore I think that soy is a better choice for these candle melts.