Have you been wondering how you can create a less toxic home environment? One way is to create your own All Purpose Cleaner.
Why Make your Own All Purpose Cleaner?
Using natural cleaners that you can make yourself is a better choice than using household cleaners filled with chemicals for several reasons.
Firstly, natural cleaners are typically made with non-toxic ingredients that are safer for both you and the environment.
Secondly, they are often more affordable than store-bought cleaners, as many ingredients can be found in your kitchen or pantry.
Thirdly, natural cleaners are just as effective at cleaning as chemical cleaners, meaning you don’t have to sacrifice cleanliness for safety.
Finally, by using natural cleaners, you’re reducing your exposure to potentially harmful chemicals, which can have long-term health effects.
Overall, making the switch to natural cleaners is a smart choice for a healthier, more environmentally friendly home.
Plus, we get to decide what to include in each recipe we create!
Herbs in Natural Cleansers
Herbs add a natural fragrance and further beneficial cleansing properties. As we create our cleaners, we can use these fresh herbs with caution or in their dried form with ease.
Therefore, we prefer to use the dried herbs in all of our recipes. You can find all of these dried herbs in the shop.
The best herbs to use for cleaning are:
Essential Oils in All Purpose Cleaners
Creating our own all purpose cleaner allows us to use natural essential oils. We decide how we would like our home to smell and feel.
Some essential oils have beneficial cleansing properties. They may be added to create that fresh clean scent, but you can also look at the mental / emotional connection when you are choosing which oils to work with.
When you are trying to choose your oils, make sure that you are only using 100% Pure Essential Oils and Blends.
Fragrance oils are not a good choice, as they can be filled with the chemicals that you are trying to avoid.
Pure Essential Oils that we suggest are:
- Clove: Antimicrobial and antifungal, which kills mold spores. Brings abundance and stops gossip.
- Eucalyptus: Antiviral, antiseptic, and antibacterial properties. Heightens mental focus and helps with protection and spiritual purification.
- Lavender: Antibiotic, antiseptic, antiviral, and antibacterial properties, and a natural deodorizer. Brings calmness and peace of mind.
- Lemon or Lemongrass: Packed with limonene and citric acid, it is antibacterial, degreasing, deodorizing, and disinfecting. Uplifting and brings strength and sunshine into your home.
- Peppermint: Antibacterial and prevents mold from developing on windows. Brings prosperity, lifts your spirit, and helps with fatigue.
- Rosemary: Antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic, and antiviral properties, with a refreshing and uplifting clean scent. Great for protection and relieving nervous exhaustion.
- Sweet Orange: Uplifting scent that brings joy into your home, antibacterial and antifungal properties helps to eliminate disease-causing germs such as E-coli and salmonella.
- Tea Tree: antibacterial, antifungal, antimicrobial, and antiseptic properties, cleans and cleanses the air as well as surfaces, fresh clean scent.
- Thyme: Antibacterial, antifungal, and antiseptic properties, naturally purifying and detoxifying. Assists with nervous exhaustion, tiredness, and depression by bringing strength and confidence.
- White Sage: Disinfects, deodorizes, purifies, and detoxifies. Great for spiritual cleansing and balancing your energy.
Add Intention to your Daily Cleaning Routine
Making our own cleansing products allows us to infuse our household cleaners not just with herbs and oils, but also with Intentions such as Joy, Inner Peace, Protection, or the removal of Negative Energy.
Intend to cleanse and clear any negative or or stagnant energy from your home as you clean. You are saving time by doing both as you go about your daily cleaning routine.
It’s a great way to add spirituality to your daily life!
Cleanse the negative energy with one cleanser and fill it back up with joy with another. We also have many other spiritual cleansing recipes and ideas on this website.
For more on this topic, check out our blog: Time to Clean House
All Purpose Cleaner Recipe
- 1 cup of dried herbs such as Lavender or Sage leaf
- 15-30 Drops of essential oil such as Clove Bud or Rosemary
- 2 cups of white vinegar (5% solution)
- Hold your intention in your mind as you gather your items.
- Cleanse your space using your preferred method.
- Be sure to Infuse all of the items with your Intention.
- Place dried herbs in a 1-quart mason jar.
- Cover completely with white vinegar.
- Add essential oils, stir to combine, and then seal the jar.
- Place in a dark location at room temperature for 3 weeks.
- Shake the jar at least once daily while thinking of your intention.
- After 3 weeks, strain the vinegar from the herbs
- Add 1 cup of herb-infused vinegar and 1 cup of distilled water to a 16-ounce glass spray bottle.
- Use as you would any all-purpose cleaning spray.
Things to note
Dark herbs such as cinnamon or clove may stain white countertops.
Repeated use of undiluted vinegar can cause pitting in natural stone countertops.
Need some help to get started?
If you are ready to make your own natural cleaning solution and want a kit to help you out…
Grab our Natural Cleaning Kit!
Our Orange and Lemon Kits are ready to ship.
This Cleaning Kit also comes with our scouring powder in a matching scent.
The only thing you need to add is the vinegar.
All directions are included.
We can make you a custom kit with your herbs and essential oils… just ask.
You might also like our Disinfectant Deodorizer Spray. Filled with essential oils associated with killing viruses, bacteria, and disinfecting the air and surfaces too.